LIFE Project Coordinator
Oceana www.oceana.org campaigns to protect and restore the world’s oceans. Our teams of marine scientists, economists, lawyers and advocates win specific and concrete policy changes to reduce pollution and to prevent the irreversible collapse of fish populations, marine mammals and other sea life.
Oceana is seeking a full-time LIFE Project Coordinator to join our team. The position could be located either in Oceana’s Brussels or Madrid office (TBD).
The LIFE Project Coordinator will:
- Have at least 2 years of ad-hoc experience dealing with LIFE projects or 5 years of campaign/program work at the European Union level.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in International Institutions, Environment, Economics or alike being highly desirable.
- Have an excellent command of English and Spanish (proficiency/bilingual level required) in addition a third European language is desirable (French, Italian or German).
- Have a wide strategic vision about LIFE projects, comfortable working under tight deadlines and pressure, be able to work in coordination with several members from different countries and cultures; he or she will be results-oriented, highly motivated, and excellent at solving problems professionally and efficiently. He/she will also have wide knowledge on European Environmental policy and ideally on marine-related issues. He/she will also have excellent communication skills and will feel comfortable dealing with Excel and other accounting software.
The candidate will be reporting to the Project Manager and Project Director and will:
- Manage current LIFE projects in terms of technical and financial reporting and coordinating logistics with partners based on the collaboration agreement.
- Assist the Project Manager (PM) in the drafting and issuing project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules.
- Monitor and manage projects plans, timesheets, budgets and expenditures.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for project; analyze project profitability, revenue, margins.
- Ensure LIFE´s requirements are met in a timely and cost effective manner minimizing risk exposure.
- Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, certificates, etc.; and maintain the contract tracking log.
- Be the liaison with other LIFE project partners by communicating regularly, attending meetings, and producing accurate progress reports effectively.
The post will initially be available for the period of 3th February, 2014 –21st December 2015
To apply for the post
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants being interviewed will be contacted.