Communications Officer, Brussels
Oceana www.oceana.org campaigns to protect and restore the world’s oceans. Our teams of marine scientists, economists, lawyers and advocates win specific and concrete policy changes to reduce pollution and to prevent the irreversible collapse of fish populations, marine mammals and other sea life.
Oceana is looking for a full time Communications Officer to join its team in Brussels, Belgium. Candidate should have 2+ years of experience in communications and an understanding of the fisheries/environment sector. Candidate must be a native English speaker, exhibit excellent writing and editing skills and be a self-starter.
• Copy-editor for all English-language external and internal materials
• Co-manage and develop Oceana’s social media platforms
• Write and edit press releases and website content
• Manage and develop content for Oceana’s blog
• Manage Oceana’s editorial calendar
• Monitor, track and process media coverage of Oceana in Europe
- 2+ years in-house or agency communications (and media relations) experience
- Native fluency in English; fluency in other languages encouraged (particularly German, French)
- Demonstrable writing and editing skills (candidates will be tested as part of interview process)
- Experience developing social media content
- Ability to carry out work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience in design/layout and video editing desired but not required
- Network of environmental and other relevant media contacts desired
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally required.
- Experience organizing and/or coordinating events
- The successful candidate will have the ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and respond promptly as necessary. The candidate will be working in a multicultural and multi organizational environment; therefore it will be required strong skills for team building and networking.
The post will be based in Brussels.
Gross salary will be 3.190€ a month.
The post will initially be available for the period of 5th May, 2014 – 18th December 2015, but is intended to become a permanent post.
If you’re a qualified and enthusiastic communications pro who’s passionate about the environment, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 31st March 2014. Interviews will be held in Brussels or Madrid.
Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.