Development Officer for Oceana Europe
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Contract: Full time
Oceana www.oceana.org campaigns to protect and restore the world’s oceans. Our teams of marine scientists, economists, lawyers and advocates win specific and concrete policy changes to reduce pollution and to prevent the irreversible collapse of fish populations, marine mammals and other sea life.
Oceana is seeking a full-time Development Officer to join our team. The position is located in Oceana’s Madrid office
The Development Officer will:
- Have at least 4 years of ad-hoc experience on fundraising and business development strategies plus 2 more years of experience in the business/marketing field.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in International Institutions, Business, and Communications, Marketing or alike being highly desirable.
- Have an excellent command of English and Spanish (proficiency/bilingual level required); one more European language being a significant asset such as French, Italian and/or German.
- Have a wide strategic vision, comfortable working under tight deadlines and pressure as part of multicultural environments; he or she will be results-oriented, highly motivated, creative and excellent at solving problems efficiently. He/she will also have excellent communication skills; be comfortable in face-to-face negotiation environments and have outstanding inter-personal abilities.
- He/she will also have wide knowledge on European Environmental policy and ideally on marine-related issues. Experience with European Commission Funding (LIFE+ and other) is greatly desired.
The candidate will be reporting to the Communications and Development Director for Europe, and will:
- Manage current European and international donor requirements in terms of technical reporting and coordinate financial compliance with the Finance Department.
- Contribute to the development of grant-making proposals based on each donor requirements. Excellent communication skills, strategic approach and efficiency will be necessary to facilitate the entire process.
- Identify and develop current and future fundraising initiatives in Europe and aboard in regards to prospect foundations, public-financing units, corporations and individuals.
- Manage other fundraising-related activities such as partnerships under the donation figure, standard donations and online communication/strategies related to standard donors.
Gross salary will depend on candidate skills and experience.
The post will initially be available for the period of 21 October, 2013 – 31 December 2014, but is intended to become a permanent post.
To apply for the post:
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume by email only to: email@example.com
Interviews will take place in Madrid. C/ Leganitos 47, 6º. 28013 Madrid.