Location: Sweden (Malmö) or any other place in South of Sweden.
OCEANA seeks an experienced, team worker Communications Officer to be part of our European Communications Department and handle relationships with media in the Baltic region.
This is a full-time position and the person will be in close contact with our Oceana Baltic office based in Copenhagen, Denmark. On-going coordination with Communications teams in other countries is required, especially with headquarters based in Madrid, Spain.
Duties / Responsibilities:
The Communications Officer will have primary responsibility for
- Working with journalists’ database (mostly from the Baltic region), updating and introducing new data.
- On line media monitoring (search of hits in Internet through different searching engines).
- Contribute to media reports and updates as required by the Communications Director
- Introducing of media hits in data base software.
- Writing/editing/reviewing press releases and other press materials, organizing media events, and defining marketing strategies to support the communication goals defined by the Communications Director.
- Contribute with updates to the webpage and feed Oceana´s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.)
We are seeking to hire a qualified candidate with a university degree in journalism or communications or equivalent knowledge, three o more years of experience in the same position, and bilingual in Swedish and English. Other Baltic languages (especially Danish, Finish or German) are desirable. Willingness to travel nationally and internationally required.
The successful candidate will be a self motivated person with proven experience in working with media, and ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and respond promptly as necessary. The candidate will be working in a multicultural and multi organizational environment; therefore it will be required strong skills for team building and networking.
Background knowledge in Environmental journalism, a network of contacts with environmental reporters and extensive knowledge of environmental/marine issues will be desirable.
The post will be based in Malmö or some other place in South of Sweden, with possibility to travel twice in a week to our office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Gross annual salary will be 35.000€- 45.000€ depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate; the post is for 5 days/week; part time can not be discussed.
The post will initially be available for the period of 1st December 2012 – 31 December 2013.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Oceana via e-mail (email@example.com) subject line Communications Officer. Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you’re already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.