Do you plan to attend the 2015 Seafood Expo in Brussels?
On Tuesday 21st of April, Commissioner Karmenu Vella will hold a debate on whether the European Union’s rules and methods in the fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) fishing can contribute towards better fisheries governance globally.
It will be a unique opportunity to listen to some of the most relevant experts in the matter, including:
- Karmenu Vella, European Commissioner for Environment, Maritime affairs and Fisheries
- Kim Young-Suk, Vice-Minister for Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs of the Republic of Korea on fighting IUU
- Steve Trent, Executive Director of Environmental Justice Foundation(EJF) representing a coalition of four NGOs: EJF, Pew, Oceana and WWF involved in issuing industry guidance to avoid illegal fish products in the supply chain
- Peter Andrews, Sustainability Policy Officer from the British Retail Consortium and their commitment to responsible seafood sourcing
- Guus Pastoor, President of the European Fish Processors Association (AIPCE) on new labeling rules and IUU
The debate will be held at the stand 7/1411, next Tuesday, 21st April, from 14.30 to 15.30. Oceana experts will also be there together with our allies to fight IUU fishing – please join us!